- two tablespoons ground cumin
- one onion (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 table spoons soy sauce
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 6 cups canned kidney beans (drained)
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
Prep cook ready in
15 m 25 m 40 m
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a medium skillet and saute onion and garlic until soft. Mash beans into the onion mixture. Gradually stir in water; heat until warm, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the soy sauce, chili powder, mustard, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- Divide bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the tortillas; top with cheese. Fold tortillas burrito-style around the fillings and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until warmed through, about 12 minutes.
- Cook’s Notes:
- For vegan burritos, omit the cheese and sour cream.
- These may be made ahead of time, individually frozen, then heated.
- For an interesting variation, try deep-frying these tasty burritos.
Published in allrecipes.